I’m rapt to be joining forces with two of my favourite people (and fellow Wiley authors) – the super smart and savvy Valerie Khoo and Adam Franklin – for a Content Marketing Masterclass in Sydney on THURSDAY, AUGUST 7.
This will be an intensive one-day workshop for businesses wanting to gain a practical understanding of content marketing as well as insider tips to more effectively become create your own media channel as a means of attracting prospective buyers and influencers to your brand.
Each of us will be presenting on a key content marketing topic and then leading a hands-on workshop immediately afterwards, making the day a very intensive one!
SESSION 1. Making Sense of Content Marketing (Trevor Young)
In the opening session, I will be demystifying content marketing and setting the scene for the day, outlining my theory of what it takes to be a trusted ‘Connected Brand’ in today’s noisy, social world, including best practice case studies and examples. You’ll discover:
- Why content marketing has all of a sudden gone from being something many companies did poorly and randomly to an all-out smart and strategic marketing discipline.
- The different kinds of content: Utility – thought leadership – ‘human’ -promotional content, plus the broader scope of channels available (and how they work with one another)
- What role social media plays in the content marketing equation
- Includes practical case studies of businesses (large and small) that are using content marketing with passion and purpose to build reputation and revenues
SESSION 2. Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business (Valerie Khoo)
The foundation of your content marketing is … the content! And if you want a robust content marketing strategy, you need to be clear on the core stories that are going to:
- promote your business
- build your brand
- resonate with your customers
- inspire your community
In Valerie’s presentation, you’ll discover the eight ‘Power Stories’ you need to nail before you even think about implementing an effective content marketing strategy.
SESSION 3. Web Marketing That Works incl. The Truth About Social Media for Business (Adam Franklin)
In this powerful session with Adam, you’ll discover:
- What subject lines (really) get opened
- How to uncover your flagship content
- What content is (really) most popular
- How to use landing pages to drive conversions
- The honest truth about what does and doesn’t work
- How to distill you web marketing strategy to a single page
- Why email punches 100x above social media
If you’re in Sydney and interested in better understanding how to use content marketing more strategically for your business, we’d love to see you at our Content Marketing Masterclass.
- Five reasons why content should be the driving force of PR today - February 14, 2021
- The knock-on effect of a strong and trusted reputation - January 14, 2021
- There’s more to PR than getting your name in the press - January 7, 2021