When she’s not searching for the latest pop-up restaurant or drinking coffee at her favourite Melbourne haunt, Kate Ware helps business owners create digital marketing strategies that sell their products and services and boosts their reputation online.
(Disclosure: Kate and I often collaborate on Digital Citizen clients).
In this wide-ranging chat on all things social media, Kate and host Trevor Young cover such points as:
- The best social channels for thought leaders
- Why Twitter is complementary to LinkedIn
- The rise of private online communities
- Robust discussions a sign you’re on the right social media path
- How Twitter has cleaned up its act & is now more user-friendly
- How to effectively use Twitter lists
- Why LinkedIn is the most exciting platform for thought leaders
- Maximising LinkedIn for all of its features
- Why direct messaging is the most powerful function of LinkedIn
- The power of micro-stories & raw ‘in the now’ video on LinkedIn
- The opportunity that comes with responding to comments on social media
- Don’t be afraid to have a point of view, especially around topical issues relevant to your business
- How batch production of micro-content allows thought leaders to build their narrative efficiently on social channels
- Should you be on Instagram?
If you want to raise your profile but are a bit confused when it comes to the current state of social media, this episode is worth a listen!
CONNECT WITH KATE:
- There’s more to PR than getting your name in the press - January 7, 2021
- Influencer marketing versus influencer relations – which one is right for your brand? - October 7, 2020
- The one word I’ve never heard a content marketer use (and it’s an important one!) - September 30, 2020